Kannada actor-director Sandeep Malani To Play Negative Role In Pankaj Kamal's Political Drama

Prembabu Sharma​

Kannada film actor and director Sandeep Malani, will soon be seen playing a negative role in upcoming Hindi political drama ‘Corruption – The Beginning of War’. The film which is directed by debutant director Pankaj Kamaml, will start rolling in the first week of April, 2016. In this film, Malani will be essaying the role of Police commissioner and his character in the film has grey shades.

"I have played several characters in films in South Indian languages and a few in Hindi films. The characters were all funny, humorous, serious and family oriented. I have played a court judge, a priest, a lecturer, a boss and also devotional characters. The role that Pankaj Kamal offered me in 'Corruption' was something different that I had not done like this before. Its a role of a Police Commissioner that has shades of grey. I am playing a negative character and it has lots of potential to show my talent as a baddie in the film. I would not like to reveal more on the character at this moment, would just say, wait and watch till the film shapes up well," said Malani.

“Besides Corruption, I have a few films slated for release in which I have played important positive roles. The ones include Chapekar Brothers (playing a British Officer), Divorced Happily (a MD of a Multinational Company), Filmi Rasleela (a Hyderabadi actor struggling to get into Hindi films). I am ready with my Kannada film Sulige Sikkidaaga that I have directed for film festivals. And there are talks on for my next project, one of which I will be directing for Pankaj Kamal titled 'Ehsaas',” he added.

‘Corruption – The Beginning of War’ also features new talent Md. Ali, Hyder Ali, Kajal Singh, Divyanka Agarwal and Srishty Singh in the main roles. It is written by Balal Guru and produced by Pankaj Kaml under the banner of Pankaj Kamal production. The film is slated to release on theaters on 12 August 2016.

Labels: , , ,