Be a good role model for your kids


Nidhi Kataria

There are many different things that I take into consideration when it comes to parenting.Parents have many different responsibilities but there are three in particular that I think are very important.Being a good role model is important, as well as listening to your children and disciplining them appropriately.If you want to be a good parent you have to put your kids first.The first responsibility that I think is very important is being a good example for your kids.Parents are examples for their kids whether they like it or not.My kids watch watch and copy everything that I do, and even if I don't think their listening they are listening.If they see me finishing school and working good job thats what they will expect to do themselves because that is all that they know.Children are like sponges.I want to show my kids how to be a good person by being a good person myself.As a parent I want my children to know that they can be anything they want to be, but at the same time I am controlling their physical and moral environment so that they can be good people.Iwant them to be in an environment where they can develop habits of honesty, generosity,and responsibility.I think one of the greatest things that I can do for my kids is to take them seriously and listen to them.My seven year old is constantly showing me everything that he learns and its easy to tune out sometimes, but I think its very important not to.It is important to listen because if you dint give your kids enough attention they might try and seek it in a negative way.It is important to listen to your children when they have learned something new or want to tell you something that they are proud of.Children seek your approval, and that gives them confidence.Lastly discipline is another very important responsibility.The best thing to do is to pick your battles, because if you are constantly saying "no" your child will tune it out.You have to be consistent

Labels: , , , , , , ,