AIFF and IMG-R met I-League to ensure the overall development of Indian Football



All India Football Federation and IMG-Reliance met the I-League Club representatives on Tuesday to hear out what the problems the clubs were facing and how to make the I-league more viable and vibrant from a commercial standpoint.

It was a very fruitful and constructive meeting where it was agreed that all the stakeholders must work jointly and in a concerted manner to help improve the profile and visibility of the I-League.

The Clubs were prepared to invest in Youth Development and U-17 and U-19 Leagues along with AIFF and IMG-R to ensure the overall development of Indian Football in the long term.

It was also agreed that AIFF and IMG-R would come up with a plan by Monday (February 27) about the various timelines regarding concepts to revamp the structure and profile of the I-League based on which there will be further interactions with the Clubs.

Labels: , ,