Alloveda - Allopathy and Veda




Dr KK Aggarwal
Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee
President, Heart Care Foundation of India




The book 'Alloveda' focuses on perfect health, combining ancient Vedic wisdom with modern allopathy.

I learnt this combination from my experience of 33 years. I believe in using the both for achieving Good Health which literally means being physically, mentally, spiritually, socially and economically fit.

Absence of any worries itself create a healthy aura or a healthy environment around us. But unfortunately, 'Allopathy' takes care of only physical health and mental health is taken care by the Psychiatrists.

In the study of Allopathy, doctors are not being taught from the viewpoint of social, environmental, spiritual and economic health which has a great effect on a person's physical fitness.

'Ayurveda' is a branch of medicine which takes care of all aspects of health and defines the word 'health' aptly but also has shortcomings. It lacks latest techniques, surgery and emergency treatments. One of the answer is to combine the ancient eastern wisdom with the latest western science.

My journey into allovaeda includes my experiences with Gandhi Darshan and Ayurveda at my medical college MGIMS at Sevagram and later my exposure in Moolchand Medcity, where I assisted a strong believer of  Holistic Medicine Dr KL Chopra for 20 years. His company brought a phenomenal change in my thought process. He introduced me to his son, the Modern Age Guru Dr Deepak Chopra. It was then I learnt about the scientific aspects hidden behind the Science of Vedic Healing.

My process of soul searching also includes the study and understanding of our customs, religions and festivals and the explanation of vedic sayings. The learning of their inter-connectivity helped me in understanding the word physical fitness in a much better way. From hereon, I connected Allopathy with Vedas and named it 'Alloveda.' I feel that these two should only be used together by the person who understands them perfectly.



Source of information

Labels: , ,