Dear friends,This year Mahavir Jayanti is due on 31st of March’07 the day of Janam Kalyanak on the 13th day of Chaitra Shukla. On this occasion we are starting a series of preaching’s of Bhagwan Mahavira. The preaching appears brief but their meaning carries lot of depth and sense. The person who knows & understands these preaching and treads the path shown by Bhagwan Mahavira will surely attains the real happiness. Further on this occasion we will publish 10 simple questions about the life of Bhagwan Mahavira along with each preaching. Anyone can participate and attend these questions. Your replies should be sent on e-mail ID jainpushpquiz@... And in the subject please mention “Preaching’s of Bhagwan Mahavira” Your participation to at least three such questions will entitle you to get a book related to Bhagwan Mahavira’. Preaching SN-10 “One,who, even after knowing the whole universe can remain unaffected and unattached is God” Mahaveera Jayanthi: Mahavir Jayanti is the birth anniversary of Lord Mahavira. Mahavir Jayanti the holly birthday of Lord Mahavira is observed on the thirteenth day of the second half (Shukle) of the month of Chaitra. This is the main Jain festival of the year. Mahavira is the 24th Tirthankara. He was a kshatriya prince of Nath Clan. His Father was King Siddhartha and Mother Trishala Devi. He had himself attained complete and perfect knowledge and so he was called Sanmati. He conquered the powerful evils of attachment and aversion and was as such, called Mahavir. He was given five names in his life-Veer, Ativeer, Sanmati, Vardhman and Mahaveer. Mahavira renounced this world when he was only thirty years of age and performed formidable penance. After a continuous quest for the soul for twelve long years, he attained omniscience. His teachings in brief are as follows: -
- All Souls are equal-Non big or small.
- God is not some different entity. By dint of one’s supreme effort any body can attain Godhood.
- God does not create or destroy things in this universe-he only knows them.
- The nature of our souls is knowing, not indulging in passions.
- Never Hurt the feelings of others
- Telling lies and intention of telling lies are sins.
- Theft and intention thereof are evils.
- Lead a life of abstinence, never indulge in anger, and never have pride of any sort.
- Deceit and perverseness of feelings should not be indulged in.
- A greedy person is always unhappy.
- We are unhappy on account of our own faults and can be happy by removing them.
Sub: - Forthcoming Jain Events,The next forthcoming Jain events during the month Of April’07 are as listed below: - Akshay Teej 20th April (Baisakh Sudi Shukla Paksh 3rd -4th ) Astmi during this month 10th and 24th April Chowdas 1st and 16th April Rohini Varat 20th April Good Friday 6th April Ambadkar Jayanti 14th April SHREE JAIN TITHI DARPAN – Shree Veer Nirvan Samvat 2533 is available on our web site www.jainpushp.org for more information’s and for day to day checking of Tithi etc. Click on the following link to check the SHREE JAIN TITHI DARPAN – http://www.jainpushp.org/calender-2.htm We are posting forthcoming events every month on our group Jainpushp@yahoogroups.com if you are interested in getting the information directly on your mail then please send us your e-mail address on which the information is sought. - Dharma jain